Man kills brother, attacks wife over illicit relationsAugust 19th, 2008 - 10:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 19 (IANS) A 32-year-old labourer was arrested Tuesday for killing his brother and brutally injuring his wife with an axe after he found them in a compromising position at his northwest Delhi home, the police said.Bhag Chand repeatedly attacked his brother Kalicharan, 35, and his wife Punia at his one-room accommodation in the RG complex in Rohini Sector 14.
The police said Bhag Chand returned home around 2 a.m. and found them in an objectionable position.
“In a fit of rage he pulled out an axe and attacked his brother and wife. He then fled but was spotted by a night watchman, who alerted us,” said a police official.
Kalicharan, also a labourer, and Punia were admitted to the Ambedkar Hospital where doctors pronounced the former dead. The police said Punia was battling for life.
- Capital rage again - man killed after dispute in shop - Jan 12, 2011
- Family found murdered in Delhi - Sep 21, 2012
- Starving sisters locked for months, rescued in Delhi - Jun 16, 2012
- Woman kills alcoholic husband in Odisha - Jul 23, 2012
- Man murdered for harassing newly-wed woman - Jul 14, 2012
- Class 10 girl commits suicide in Delhi - Jun 15, 2012
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- Youth beaten to death in road rage incident - Dec 23, 2011
- Rickshaw-puller held for raping 77-year-old - Mar 14, 2011
- Beheaded body found in Pakistan - Jan 31, 2012
- Man shoots himself - Feb 19, 2011
- Ramdev's fast has lost meaning: Congress (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Land 'captured' for Ambedkar memorial in Mumbai - Dec 06, 2011
- Raids continue on Kanda's homes, offices (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Man nabbed for killing ex-wife - Mar 20, 2012