Man killed while resisting robbery in DelhiMay 16th, 2012 - 11:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 16 (IANS) A 27-year-old man was stabbed to death while his younger brother was critically injured when they resisted four bike-riding assailants’ bid to rob them in the capital, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place in east Delhi’s Seelampur area at 10 p.m. Tuesday.
A senior police official said the killed man has been identified as Irfan.
“Irfan after dinner had gone for a walk in the area, when he was intercepted by four youths on two bikes. They tried to rob him but Irfan resisted. The assailants then flashed knives and stabbed Irfan.” said the police official.
“Meanwhile, Sakib, Irfan’s younger brother, rushed to his rescue. The assailants stabbed Sakib also and rode away on bikes,” said the police official.
He said both Irfan and Sakib were rushed to the Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital, where Irfan died during the course of treatment while Sakib is undergoing treatment and his condition is stated to be critical.
Police have registered a case and launched a manhunt to nab the attackers.
- Delhi brothers shot at by snatchers - Jun 18, 2012
- Youth stabbed by brother-in-law - Feb 02, 2011
- Man shot at, thrown off flyover by robbers - Jan 10, 2011
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Man shot dead resisting robbery - Feb 01, 2011
- Two robbers arrested for murder - Oct 31, 2011
- Woman falls to death in Noida, husband detained - Apr 14, 2012
- Three arrested for robbing, killing man - Nov 10, 2011
- Woman jumps in front of Metro with kids, critical - Jul 04, 2011
- Two held for killing techie in Greater Noida - Aug 21, 2010
- Man killed in east Delhi firing was family's sole provider - Sep 03, 2012
- Two of a family killed, five injured in Ghaziabad - Sep 08, 2010
- Man crushed under police bus in Delhi - May 11, 2012
- Son kills mother, parents stabbed in rage - Mar 13, 2011
- Man pursuing chain-snatchers shot - Jun 12, 2011