Man killed in hit-and-run case in east DelhiMarch 28th, 2008 - 10:06 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 28 (IANS) A 28-year-old man was crushed to death Friday by a speeding vehicle while he was taking a morning walk near his home in east Delhi, the police said. The accident took place near a gas station in Geeta Colony area when a speeding Tavera SUV, bearing Uttar Pradesh registration number, mowed down Tarun Taneja, who owns a pickle shop in Daryaganj area, around 6.00 a.m.
The driver of the vehicle escaped with the vehicle, while some passers-by admitted Taneja to a hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
Taneja was unmarried and lived with his father.
The police said a case has been registered and teams have been sent to Uttar Pradesh to arrest the vehicle’s driver.
“Initial investigations suggest that the car belonged to one of the call centres in Noida,” a police official said.
- Truck crushes three of family, mob attacks police - Aug 30, 2011
- Woman crushed to death - Jan 17, 2011
- Locals clash with police over youth's death - Nov 15, 2011
- Mob clashes with police over teen's death - Nov 12, 2011
- Azamgarh tense after student's death in accident - Nov 04, 2011
- Speeding call centre cab crushes traffic cop - Sep 28, 2011
- Eight school kids injured in accident - Mar 28, 2012
- Man killed, brother hurt in Ghaziabad road accident - Jun 23, 2010
- Two motorcyclists killed in Delhi - Jan 22, 2012
- Four killed in two Rajasthan road accidents - Aug 22, 2012
- Ten students injured as van overturns - Mar 22, 2011
- Speeding bus crushes man, injures 12 (Second Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Four-year-old killed in hit-and-run case - Feb 25, 2011
- Boy's death sparks violence - Jun 09, 2011
- Two die in east Delhi road accident - Dec 28, 2011