Man killed in celebratory firing in UPJune 30th, 2012 - 7:26 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 30 (IANS) A videographer filming a wedding procession was killed in a celebratory firing late Friday in Uttar Pradesh’s Saharanpur area, police here said.
The incident took place in Jahankeda area of Saharanpur where the wedding ceremony was organised. Fired by a man identified as Jittal, a bullet hit videographer Sumit in the chest, police said.
Sumit was rushed to a nearby hospital where he later succumbed to the injury. A case has been registered in the Rampur police station but no arrests have been made so far, a police official added.
This was the seventh such incident in Uttar Pradesh in the past one year. Although firing during celebrations is banned in the state, it has not deterred people from doing so during weddings and other occasions, the police official said.
Sahranpur is around 550 km from here.
- Student killed in celebratory fire in Ghaziabad - Sep 12, 2012
- Girl dies in celebratory firing - Jun 19, 2012
- 10-year-old killed in celebratory firing (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- 10-year-old shot dead in celebratory firing in UP - Jul 17, 2012
- Policeman, home guard fired upon, weapons looted - Oct 15, 2011
- Tipsy cop kills girl in celebratory firing - Jun 28, 2012
- Congress leader shot at in Uttar Pradesh, injured critically - Nov 11, 2010
- Boy shot dead by drunk Delhi cop (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Guard accidentally fires inside college, six injured - Apr 27, 2011
- Boy shot dead by drunk Delhi police cop - Mar 12, 2012
- Seven passengers killed as bus falls into pit - Apr 06, 2011
- 10 students injured as school bus overturns - Aug 24, 2011
- Man shot dead in Delhi - Sep 06, 2011
- Gangster carrying Rs.1 lakh reward killed - Oct 28, 2011
- 14 die as van catches fire in UP - Jul 11, 2012