Man killed for protesting lewd comments on daughterFebruary 18th, 2011 - 12:06 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 17 (IANS) A man was battered to death by five people when he protested their lewd comments about his daughter here early Thursday morning, police said. The attackers have been identified as Brijan, Puran, Kanta Prasad, Babu, and Asha Ram. “We have apprehended Asha Ram, Kanta Prasad and Babu, the rest two are absconding,” said the police officer.
“The man, Paras Ram, 46, died due to stone injury and we have identified five people who attacked, three of them have been arrested,” said a senior police officer. The incident took place Tilak Nagar area in West Delhi at 1 a.m. Thursday.
The five attackers and Paras Ram were working on a project of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi on contract basis in Tilak Nagar area.
“They were drinking together at the site. When one of the accused started passing lewd comments about Paras Ram’s daughter’s character, he objected. All the five thrashed Ram,” said the officer.
Ram rushed to his home and called for help. He then returned with his friends and relatives and challenged all the five. “A fight ensued between two groups, in which Ram was hit with a stone on his head,” said the officer.
Police said Ram was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead.
On hearing of Ram’s death, stone pelting ensued again between the two groups for a long time, which was stopped after policemen from three police stations rushed to the spot.
The two groups were known to each other and lived in neighbouring areas. “We have registered a case and investigations are on,” said the officer.
- Two held for Delhi Metro brawl - Feb 01, 2012
- Youth beaten to death in West Delhi; 3 held - May 03, 2012
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Labourer killed as wall collapses - May 24, 2011
- Police officer commits suicide in Delhi (Lead) - Jan 07, 2011
- Road rage: BJP councillor beaten up - Nov 07, 2011
- Delhi cop's son dies in accident - May 17, 2012
- Man held for stealing 4,000 litres of edible oil - Feb 05, 2011
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi - May 27, 2012
- Man run over by DTC bus - Jul 28, 2012
- Woman jumps from Metro station - Jan 27, 2012
- Three youths returning from party killed in Delhi accident (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Three men beaten to death in Maharashtra - May 09, 2012
- Two brothers shot dead in Delhi - Mar 06, 2011
- 35 injured in Rajasthan clash - Jan 15, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,