Man killed, brother hurt in Ghaziabad road accidentJune 23rd, 2010 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, June 23 (IANS) A man was killed and his brother critically injured Wednesday when their motorcycle was mowed down by a bus here, police said.
The accident took place on National Highway-24 when Davendra, 32, and Jai Prakash, 28 - both working with an MNC in Noida, were on their way to work.
A speeding bus of the Uttar Pradesh roadways hit their motorcycle, which fell and both the brothers came under the bus. While Davendra was crushed by the front wheel and died immediately, Jai Prakash sustained injuries all over his body, a police official said.
Passersby rushed them to a private hospital, where Davendra was pronounced dead while Jai Prakash is said to be critical.
“Although the driver attempted to flee, police constables over-powered him and took him to the police station to book him,” said Superintendent of Police (City) A.K. Vijaita.
After the accident, residents blocked traffic, demanding measures to prevent frequent accidents on the highway.
Traffic was restored after senior police officers assured residents that traffic conditions would be improved.
- UP cop hit by speeding bus, critical - Jun 25, 2012
- Man shot in suspected honour killing in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 02, 2012
- Minor child killed, five injured in accident - Nov 21, 2011
- UP policeman hit by bus, critical (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Two men mowed by speeding truck in Noida - May 27, 2010
- Two held for Uttar Pradesh cop's killing - Oct 27, 2011
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Man dies in police custody in Ghaziabad, two cops suspended - Jun 13, 2012
- Property dealer shot dead in Ghaziabad - Dec 15, 2010
- Woman gangraped in Ghaziabad, boyfriend thrashed - Feb 06, 2011
- DTC bus crushes soldier in Delhi - May 07, 2012
- Seven dead, 38 hurt in Japan accident - Apr 30, 2012
- Three Uttarakhand cops held after prisoner escapes - Feb 11, 2011
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Bus carrying Nithari killer Koli rams into vehicle - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: frequent accidents, highway traffic, jai, june 23, measures, mnc, motorcycle, noida, police constables, police officers, police official, police station, prakash, private hospital, road accident, roadways, superintendent, traffic conditions, uttar pradesh, wheel