Man killed - and run over by truckApril 9th, 2012 - 11:13 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, April 9 (IANS) A musician who criticized truck drivers for gambling and teasing women near his home was first beaten and then crushed by a truck to show he was an accident victim, police said Monday.
The horrific incident occurred Sunday night in Vikas Nagar here.
Police said 28-year-old Lalit pulled up the truck drivers Saturday night when they were gambling in the open. He asked them to behave.
Enraged, the drivers armed with iron rods, tyre levers and sticks barged into his house, lynched him, dragged him out on the road when he was semi- conscious and crushed him to death by running a truck over him.
The family rushed to police. Police inspector Avneesh Dixit said a case of murder had been registered.
- Three mowed down by speeding vehicle - Aug 23, 2011
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011
- When driver turned Arjun's best friend in Lucknow - Apr 23, 2012
- Speeding truck crushes biker - Oct 18, 2011
- Boy crushed by bus - Nov 18, 2011
- Five-year-old remains missing since Diwali - Nov 01, 2011
- Villagers lynch two dacoits - Jul 26, 2011
- Delhi road rage: Pilot runs over man four times - Jan 11, 2011
- MBA student crushed to death - Feb 15, 2012
- Four toll plaza attendants thrashed in Ghaziabad - Sep 25, 2011
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Two men crushed by speeding truck - Dec 31, 2010
- Two die in Yamuna Expressway accident - Aug 31, 2012
- Two minors killed in road accidents - Mar 11, 2011
- Nine-year-old crushed to death - Jul 23, 2011