Man kidnaps friend for Rs.1.5 crore ransom, heldAugust 17th, 2012 - 12:11 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 16 (IANS) A 24-year-old man was arrested Thursday for abducting his friend here and demanded Rs.1.5 crore as ransom from her father, police said Thursday.
Abhishek Deep, a resident of Chhattisgarh and a graduate from a Delhi college, was arrested Thursday from a hotel in Paharganj in central Delhi.
According to police, the 20-year-old victim, a student of Delhi University and a resident of Noida, was rescued from the hotel.
Deep called his friend to Shastri Nagar Metro Station Wednesday and the two travelled together to Connaught Place. He then took the victim’s mobile phone and made a ransom call to her father, police said.
He then switched off the phone and threatened the girl to obey all his directions otherwise he would get her father killed, police said.
The victim was allegedly taken to a hotel in Paharganj in central Delhi and locked in a room.
After registering a first information report, police received a tip-off Thursday morning and raided the hotel. Deep was arrested and the victim was rescued.
- One arrested for murdering engineering student - Jul 01, 2011
- Kidnapped Delhi boy rescued, abductors arrested - Sep 20, 2012
- Kidnapped boy rescued, two arrested - Apr 18, 2011
- Man held for killing minor in Delhi - Jun 24, 2012
- Minors rescued from Delhi brothel - Aug 18, 2012
- Five robbers arrested - Sep 24, 2011
- Man kidnapped in Delhi, police sceptical - Nov 23, 2011
- Friend murdered Delhi engineer for ransom, buried body (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Three held for kidnapping boy for ransom - May 23, 2012
- Minor helps Delhi Police to solve murder mystery - Jul 26, 2012
- Two doctors arrested in AIIMS exam leak racket (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- South African, woman arrested for drug peddling - Jan 08, 2012
- Police nab kidnappers of industrialist, recover money - Oct 13, 2011
- CBI arrests four for kidnapping two businessmen - Nov 28, 2011
- Man arrested for threatening to kidnap businessman's son - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: abhishek, central delhi, chhattisgarh, connaught place, delhi college, delhi university, information report, metro station, mobile phone, New Delhi, old man, paharganj, police said thursday, ransom, rs 1, thursday morning