Man jumps to deathMarch 13th, 2012 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 13 (IANS) A 60-year-old man, reportedly suffering from depression due to chronic illness, Tuesday jumped to his death from the sixth floor of a north Delhi hospital, police said.
The deceased has been identified as Bhagwat Prasad, resident of Seelampur area of north Delhi.
“According to the doctors, the deceased was suffering from chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease which often causes bouts of depression in the patients,” a police official told IANS.
This allegedly led Prasad to take such a drastic step.
Police officials said that no one has yet come forward to claim the body.
- Dead Amarnath pilgrims fudged health certificates: report - Jul 20, 2012
- Lung cancer mostly diagnosed late (Nov 17 is World Lung Cancer Day) - Nov 17, 2011
- Re-engineered toxins can treat asthma, arthritis - Jan 02, 2012
- Woman jumps to death from Noida flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Patient jumps off hospital roof - Jan 15, 2012
- AIDS patient commits suicide - Jul 31, 2011
- Dementia, a 'silent tsunami' - Apr 11, 2012
- Gadkari visits Bal Thackeray in hospital - Jul 26, 2012
- Senior government official commits suicide - Oct 09, 2009
- Cheek swabs could help detect lung cancer early - Oct 10, 2010
- Man jumps from seventh floor after heart surgery - Dec 16, 2010
- 'Indians increasingly unaware of lung diseases' - Jun 26, 2012
- Protein shows promise in treating smoker's diseases - Jan 16, 2012
- TB patients at a higher risk for lung cancer: Study - Jan 01, 2011
- Woman falls to death in Noida, husband detained - Apr 14, 2012
Tags: bouts, chronic illness, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, deceased, doctors, drastic step, New Delhi, north delhi, obstructive pulmonary disease, old man, police official, police officials, sixth floor, suffering from depression