Man jumps to death with his three childrenMarch 31st, 2008 - 12:17 pm ICT by admin
Ahmedabad, March 31 (IANS) A man pushed his three children into a river here before jumping to his death, the police said Monday. Keshav Maheria, 25, was seen jumping off the Sardar Bridge over the Sabarmati river with his children Sunday afternoon.
Firemen fished out the bodies of Keshav and his two children Sanjay, 2, and Prashant, 4, within a few hours. However, the body of Anisha, 3, was not recovered until late Sunday.
Police sources said the family was from Gupta Nagar area here and Keshav was a contract labourer with the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation.
Keshav’s wife Ranjan said he had left home Sunday morning saying he was going to visit his sister who lives nearby.
After visiting his sister, he took his children to the bridge and threw them into the river before committing suicide.
Ranjan said her husband was being treated for an unspecified mental illness.
- Three drown in Yamuna - Sep 11, 2011
- SP leader's son shot dead in Ghaziabad - Aug 12, 2012
- Mentally ill man climbs up Howrah Bridge - Dec 03, 2010
- Student commits suicide by jumping off Metro station - Feb 15, 2011
- Woman jumps off Mumbai building with son, four held (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Indo-US cops participate in Gujarat cycle rally to promote unity - Jan 09, 2011
- Nepali father drowns daughters - Aug 12, 2011
- Serial killer arrested in Ahmedabad - Mar 05, 2011
- Four girls drown in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 22, 2012
- Court relief for the Ahmedabad riverfront displaced - Jul 05, 2011
- Asaram ashram encroachment demolished in Gujarat - Nov 27, 2010
- Three-day meditation in Gujarat before Delhi agitation: Ramdev - Aug 05, 2012
- Two drowned in Agra - May 25, 2011
- Separatist shutdown, restrictions paralyses Kashmir (Lead) - Jul 18, 2010
- Shah joins other accused in Sabarmati jail - Jul 25, 2010