Man jumps from seventh floor after heart surgeryDecember 16th, 2010 - 11:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 16 (IANS) A 32-year-old man who had undergone a heart surgery 10 days ago allegedly jumped to his death Thursday from the seventh floor of a government hospital apparently due to depression. According to police, the man, identified as Naseem, jumped from the seventh floor of the G.B. Pant hospital. He had undergone a heart surgery ten days ago at the same hospital.
The incident was reported around 8 a.m., a senior police official said.
“He went to the washroom in the morning. His mother was waiting outside the washroom, when he allegedly jumped from the window. He was taken to the hospital where doctors declared him dead,” official added.
The official said the man was depressed over his health condition and this could be the reason for his taking such an extreme step. No suicide note has been recovered by police.
- AIDS patient commits suicide - Jul 31, 2011
- Woman injured at Ramlila ground still 'very critical' - Jun 27, 2011
- Man jumps from building, dies (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Man jumps to death - Mar 13, 2012
- Condition of woman injured at Ramlila ground unchanged - Jun 20, 2011
- Delhi college student jumps to death in hospital - Jan 05, 2012
- US national kills Russian wife, commits suicide in Moscow - May 26, 2011
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- 70-year-old man under debt jumps to death - Jan 25, 2011
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011
- 2G case: Morani's bail plea deferred (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- Jobless man commits suicide after wife leaves him - Feb 04, 2011
- Dowry demand leads woman to suicide - Apr 19, 2012
- Sex with Facebook friend adds new twist to Roebuck's death - Nov 14, 2011
- College student jumps to death in Delhi hospital (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012