Man jailed in Britain for hate rant over Iraq warJuly 30th, 2011 - 6:58 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 30 (IANS) A man in Britain has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for calling upon Muslims to attack MPs who voted for the Iraq war.
Bilal Zaheer Ahmad, 24, is an IT graduate and a native of Nottingham. He posted threat on a website the day after a Muslim woman was jailed for trying to stab an MP to death, the Daily Express reported Saturday.
He pleaded guilty at Bristol Crown Court to soliciting murder.
The ‘Iraq War’ or ‘War in Iraq’ was launched March 20, 2003, with the invasion of Iraq by the US under the administration of President George W. Bush and Britain under Prime Minister Tony Blair.
The invasion by allied forces led to occupation of Iraq and the eventual capture of President Saddam Hussein who was later tried in an Iraqi court of law and executed.
- Malaysian mock tribunal finds Bush, Blair guilty of 'crimes against peace' - Nov 24, 2011
- Blair expresses regret for Iraq war victims - Jan 22, 2011
- Blair could have pulled troops back on brink of 2003 invasion of Iraq: Straw - Feb 03, 2011
- UK, US talked of toppling Saddam in 2001 - Dec 11, 2009
- Keith Richards supported Tony Blair over Iraq invasion - Nov 05, 2010
- Iraq invasion was 'right decision': British PM - Mar 05, 2010
- US condemns Iraq bombings - Mar 21, 2012
- US military hands over former headquarters to Iraq - Dec 02, 2011
- Saddam Hussein's secretary executed - Jun 07, 2012
- Secret memos expose link between UK Govt, oil firms and invasion of Iraq - Apr 19, 2011
- I would have invaded Iraq, WMDs or not: Tony Blair - Dec 12, 2009
- Iraq demands back 'Saddam bottom' taken by British soldier - Jan 17, 2012
- Iraq bans visits to Saddam Hussein's grave - Jan 22, 2012
- All US troops out of Iraq - Dec 18, 2011
- 'Iraq war led to surge in terrorist plots against Britain' - Jul 20, 2010
Tags: ahmad, allied forces, bilal, crown court, daily express, george w bush, invasion of iraq, iraq war, minister tony blair, mps, muslim woman, occupation of iraq, president george w bush, president saddam hussein, prime minister tony blair, saddam hussein, stab, tony blair, war in iraq, zaheer