Man jailed for silencing crying baby foreverDecember 8th, 2011 - 8:42 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 8 (IANS) A man in Britain has been sentenced to nine years in prison for punching his toddler son to death just because he did not stop crying.
Nathan Allen brought both fists down on 14-month-old Fletcher’s abdomen as he lay in his cot. The youngster died of internal bleeding and damaged kidneys, the Daily Mail reported.
The 27-year-old father had been left with his son for less than 30 minutes while his partner Danielle Hands, 19, went to see her family.
The attack took place in January.
During cross-examination, Allen of Romford, a suburban town in Essex county, demonstrated hitting the toddler with his two clenched fists in a downward motion and said he hit son Fletcher as he lay in his cot because he would not stop crying.
Allen was jailed for manslaughter at the Old Bailey, the central criminal court in Britain, after the jury cleared him of murder charge.
- British mother jailed after son drowns in bathtub - Jul 31, 2012
- 10-year-old Jewish girl allowed to embrace Christianity - Aug 03, 2012
- Toddler left on slain father's body - Mar 20, 2012
- Midwife sacked for putting crying baby in cupboard - May 26, 2011
- Midwife suspended for putting crying baby in cupboard (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Unable to cope, mother kills baby in Australia - Jul 30, 2010
- Houston mum jailed after 20-month-old toddler gets drunk on Four Loko - Mar 19, 2011
- Japanese creates robotic buttocks that quiver - Jul 06, 2012
- Retirement home fire claims ex-England cricketer Trevor 'Barnacle' Bailey's life - Feb 11, 2011
- Mum saves kids by pinning down attacking dog - Aug 24, 2011
- Man jailed for hanging daughter upside down - Jul 25, 2012
- Briton filmed kid he tortured, killed - Nov 18, 2010
- Epileptic boy in Britain dies after drug overdose - Nov 13, 2010
- Mother, Son Electrocuted In Bath At Their Romford Home - Jan 16, 2011
- Texas executes man who beat baby boy to death - Mar 29, 2012
Tags: 30 minutes, abdomen, central criminal court, clenched fists, cot, cross examination, crying baby, daily mail, downward motion, essex county, kidneys, manslaughter, murder charge, nathan allen, nine years, old bailey, romford, suburban town, toddler son, youngster