Man jailed for killing flasher in RussiaJanuary 26th, 2012 - 11:49 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Jan 26 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A man in Russian city of Voronezh has been jailed for beating to death an exhibitionist who was showing his genitals to a three-year-old boy.
The convict, Alexei Smolyaninov, was an accidental witness to the flasher’s actions, the regional branch of Rossia-1 television channel reported Wednesday.
Smolyaninov,23, caught the exhibitionist while trying to run away and beat him up in the street, said regional prosecutors on their website.
Passers-by eventually dragged him away, but the 43-year-old exhibitionist, whose name was withheld, later died of injuries at a hospital.
A district court in Voronezh city, some 440 km south of Moscow, sentenced Smolyaninov to five years in a maximum-security prison Wednesday.
The court took into account the exhibitionist’s “immoral behaviour,” but also Smolyaninov’s alcoholism and previous criminal record, prosecutors said.
- Man steals truckload of vodka in Russia - Jan 19, 2012
- Space factory worker held for making weapons - May 31, 2012
- Chinese woman held for smuggling deer genitals - Aug 13, 2012
- Three Russian Santas clean out jeweller's shop - Dec 29, 2011
- Russian court clears minor from repaying mum's debt - May 11, 2012
- Four killed in Russian chopper crash - Jul 05, 2012
- Four teens held for rape, murder of minor girl - Apr 14, 2012
- Five killed in car accident near Moscow - Jul 22, 2012
- Russian farmer held for using slaves - Apr 07, 2012
- Russia turns on new missile warning radar - May 23, 2012
- Six die in plane-crash in Russia - Mar 05, 2011
- Suicide bomber kills seven at funeral - Aug 19, 2012
- Two-headed pig born in Russia - Jul 26, 2012
- Three kids die in Siberian building collapse - Sep 14, 2012
- Russian army officer convicted for shooting guard dogs - May 17, 2012
Tags: alcoholism, convict, criminal record, exhibitionist, flasher, genitals, maximum security prison, prosecutors, regional branch, ria novosti, russia moscow, russian city, television channel, voronezh city, witness