Man jailed for car crash that killed threeOctober 25th, 2011 - 5:01 pm ICT by IANS
Wellington, Oct 25 (IANS) A man who killed three people by steering a car into a bus lane in Christchurch last year has been jailed for 14 years by a New Zealand court.
Worthy Redeemed, 39, was convicted on three counts of manslaughter by the Wellington High Court last month. He was sentenced Tuesday for 14 years, with a minimum non-parole period of seven years, NZ Herald reported.
The car’s driver, Dean Jonathan McCartney, 21, and passengers Jethro Bronson Cooper, 16, and Kodee Marie Rapana, 15, died in the crash.
Redeemed, seated in the front seat, had grabbed the car’s steering wheel and turned it into the path of the bus May 1, 2010.
He was also found guilty of two charges of injuring with reckless disregard and one charge of causing grievous bodily harm with reckless disregard.
- New Zealand teen jailed for 15 years for murder - Mar 10, 2010
- 'Dr Death' Jayant Patel's lawyers lodge appeal in manslaughter case - Jul 15, 2010
- New Zealand double murderer gets 23-year prison term - Jan 29, 2010
- 'Dr. Death' Jayant Patel moved to new jail in Brisbane - Jul 05, 2010
- 'Dr. Death' Jayant Patel can walk free in three-and-a-half years - Jul 01, 2010
- Christchurch earthquake damage is as bad as Haiti quake: Helen Clark - Feb 27, 2011
- Indian-origin man burned to death in London - Feb 26, 2012
- Indian-origin man denies shooting constable in New Zealand - Mar 07, 2011
- 'Dr. Death'Jayant Patel jailed for seven years - Jul 01, 2010
- Kiwi women caught with cannabis at Queenstown Airport - Apr 18, 2011
- Oz tattooist charged with GBH for tattooing penis on friend's back - Nov 16, 2010
- Briton sets afire French man dressed as Mummy - Aug 27, 2012
- Indian Kiwi Navtej Singh's killer sentenced to life-imprisonment - May 07, 2010
- Indian-origin doctor gets 7 years jail term in Australia (Lead) - Jul 01, 2010
- Stella McCartney opens her first Adidas store - May 30, 2012