Man injured, robbed of Rs.850,000 in JharkhandFebruary 10th, 2009 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
Jamshedpur, Feb 10 (IANS) Unidentified robbers opened fire and injured an employee of a transport company and snatched Rs.850,000 from him in this steel city of Jharkhand Tuesday afternoon, police said.
According to the police, the man had withdrawn the cash from an ICICI Bank branch in Jamshedpur. Even as he was on his way to his office, some robbers opened fire at him from a revolver near the Sakchi police station and escaped with the money, the police said.
The injured employee was admitted to hospital.
The police have launched a manhunt to arrest the robbers.
In May last year, Maoist rebels had hijacked a delivery van of the ICICI Bank on the Ranchi-Jamshedpur national highway and looted Rs.50 million and two kilograms of gold.
- Two Maoists wanted for Jharkhand ex-minister, cop's killings held - Jun 26, 2010
- Part of looted money recovered in Ranchi - Dec 31, 2011
- Rs.3.45 lakh looted from bank, 3 employees injured - Mar 16, 2010
- Two killed carrying policemen's salaries in Balochistan - Aug 16, 2012
- Rs.7 lakh looted from bank in Jharkhand - Jun 14, 2012
- Two Maoists held for Rs.5 crore heist - Jun 10, 2010
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Jharkhand bank employee shot during robbery bid - Jul 14, 2010
- Rs 2.17 lakh looted from SBI branch in Dhanbad - Oct 12, 2010
- Rs.33 lakh looted from bank van (Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 31, 2012
- Pakistanis kill two shop robbers - Jul 19, 2012
- Rs.3 lakh looted in Ranchi - Sep 22, 2010
- Four criminals lynched in Jharkhand - Jan 25, 2012
- Three robbers lynched in UP village - Sep 06, 2012
- Robbers loot Rs.33 lakh from Jharkhand bank - Jun 19, 2009