Man in court for slapping Hong Kong actressApril 22nd, 2008 - 2:48 pm ICT by admin
Hong Kong, April 22 (DPA) A 33-year-old man appeared in court for slapping the face of Hong Kong’s Ugly Betty actress Angela Tong and telling her not to be nosy, local media reported Tuesday. Andy Chan Man-chun claimed he was paid $350 by another man to slap the actress to teach her a lesson while she was out shopping on Jan 20.
Tong, who portrayed Ugly Betty in Hong Kong to promote the American comedy’s second series on local television, was not injured by the assault but her assistant received scratches while struggling with Chan.
Chan plead guilty Monday to common assault and will be sentenced May 5, the South China Morning Post reported.
- I was an Ugly Betty: Huntington-Whiteley - Nov 24, 2011
- Hong Kong teacher jailed for photographing semi-nude schoolgirls - Jan 19, 2010
- Briton gets 18 months in jail for molesting student - Apr 29, 2010
- Salma Hayek teaming up with 'Ugly Betty' bosses for Hispanic melodrama - Nov 03, 2010
- Indian American jailed for sexual abuse on plane - Aug 16, 2011
- Senior Hong Kong banker convicted of indecent assault - Apr 07, 2009
- Masked woman distributes food, money among poor in Hong Kong - May 31, 2011
- Teenager leaves granny in morgue after gambling funeral cash - Feb 23, 2010
- Chinese computer technician gets over 8 months in jail for Chen sex scandal - May 14, 2009
- 'Mugamoodi' - the super 'hero' who could've been superhero (Tamil Movie Review) - Sep 01, 2012
- Dipika Pallikal enters top-15 of World Squash rankings - Jan 03, 2012
- Chinese guy stabs wife 208 times before jumping to own death - Dec 24, 2010
- Hathaway dons 'Ugly Betty' look - Oct 28, 2011
- Harry Potter actress' brother jailed over 'marry a Muslim or die' threat - Jan 22, 2011
- `Ugly Betty' actress weds filmmaker Ryan Piers Williams - Jun 29, 2011