Man in Afghan army uniform kills NATO soldierFebruary 1st, 2012 - 2:57 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Feb 1 (IANS) A man in Afghan army uniform shot dead a NATO soldier in restive southern Afghanistan, authorities said Wednesday.
“An individual wearing an Afghan National Army uniform turned his weapon against an International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) service member in southern Afghanistan yesterday (Tuesday), killing one service member,” the NATO-led ISAF said in a press release.
However, the release did not identify the exact place of the incident and the nationality of the victim. It also did not say whether the attacker was detained, reported Xinhua.
Troops mainly from the US, Britain, Australia and Canada have been stationed in the southern region within the framework of ISAF to fight Taliban militants.
On Jan 20, four French soldiers were killed when an Afghan army soldier opened fire in eastern Kapisa province.
- Two NATO troops killed in Afghanistan - Mar 26, 2012
- Man disguised as Afghan armyman kills NATO soldier - Jul 17, 2011
- Man in Afghan army uniform kills three NATO soldiers - Aug 30, 2012
- NATO soldier killed in Afghan attack - Jan 22, 2012
- Four NATO soldiers die in southern Afghanistan - May 12, 2012
- 16 foreign troops killed in single day in Afghanistan - Oct 29, 2011
- NATO soldier killed in Afghan blast - Sep 09, 2012
- NATO soldier killed in Afghanistan - Sep 03, 2012
- NATO troop killed in Afghanistan - Jan 06, 2012
- NATO soldier dies in Afghanistan - Apr 29, 2012
- Two soldiers killed in NATO chopper crash - Jun 06, 2012
- Nine killed in Afghan helicopter crash (Lead) - Sep 21, 2010
- NATO soldier killed in Afghan insurgent attack - Nov 12, 2011
- Man in Afghan army uniform kills four soldiers - Jan 20, 2012
- 200 NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan in 2011 - May 27, 2011
Tags: army soldier, army uniform, attacker, australia, authorities, exact place, french soldiers, international security assistance, isaf, kabul, kapisa, militants, national army, nationality, nato, Press Release, service member, southern afghanistan, taliban, xinhua