Man immolates self in Delhi over father’s illicit relationsJune 13th, 2008 - 1:29 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 12 (IANS) A 26-year-old man Thursday committed suicide by setting himself ablaze in the CGO complex of south Delhi as he was angry with his father, a Border Security Force (BSF) sub-inspector, for allegedly having extra-martial relations. Jasbir Singh poured kerosene and set himself ablaze in front of gate number 1 of the CGO complex, which houses BSF Headquarters and several other government offices, around 11 a.m.
Singh, a resident of Mayur Vihar Phase-III, was rushed to the Safdarjung Hospital, where he died in the evening of 98 percent burn injuries.
A suicide note Singh had written was recovered later stated that he was taking the extreme step due to his father Hanuman Singh, currently posted in Tripura.
“My father abandoned my mother and two younger brothers two years ago because of his relations with a woman called Sulochana,” the victim alleged in his suicide note.
- Man crushed to death between two buses - May 22, 2012
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Jewellery worth Rs.14.5 lakh stolen from Delhi house - Jan 26, 2011
- Viscera sent to FSL in Japanese suicide case - Feb 23, 2012
- East Delhi violence under control - Sep 03, 2012
- Man commits suicide after father's scolding - Jan 12, 2011
- East Delhi situation under control, 22 detained (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Man jumps before Metro train, dies (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Mar 06, 2012
- I have no complaints, says 26/11 martyr's father (Lead) - Feb 04, 2011
- Fake degree racket busted, two held - Jun 24, 2011
- Punjab student commits suicide after harassment by classmates - Nov 25, 2010
- Cancer patient commits suicide - Aug 18, 2012
- Elderly man kills self - Apr 14, 2011
- Man killed in east Delhi firing was family's sole provider - Sep 03, 2012
- Man attempts suicide near chief minister's house - Sep 07, 2010