Man held with opiumApril 18th, 2011 - 11:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 18 (IANS) A drug peddler was arrested and a large quantity of opium seized from him, police said Monday.
“Shamsuddin, a resident of Prahladpur in south Delhi, was held from Okhla area on Sunday following a tip-off,” said a senior police officer.
A total of 22.5 kg of opium, worth about Rs.2 lakh, was recovered from him.
During interrogation, he told police that some two months ago, he had met Noida-resident Ganesh, who lured him into the drug-trafficking trade.
Shamsuddin had come to deliver the consignment to a man, identified as Akram.
Police said that efforts are on to locate and arrest Akram and Ganesh.
- Farmer arrested with 12 kg opium in Delhi - Jun 27, 2012
- Three drug traffickers held - Jul 11, 2011
- 61-year-old peddler arrested with drugs worth Rs.3 crore - Jul 13, 2012
- Three held with 45 kg of opium - Jul 01, 2011
- Three drug peddlers held with Rs.1 crore smack - Jan 12, 2011
- Four held, drugs worth Rs.1.39 crore seized - Oct 08, 2011
- Drug peddler held in capital - Jan 13, 2011
- Canadian citizen arrested with cocaine in Punjab - Sep 03, 2012
- Two drug peddlers held with heroin worth over Rs.1 crore - Jan 29, 2011
- Two arrested for peddling cocaine - Aug 28, 2012
- Two drug peddlers held for murder - Apr 15, 2011
- Three smugglers held with drugs, fake currency in Amritsar - Jul 04, 2012
- Man held with 23 kg opium in Punjab - Jul 11, 2011
- Four held with 221 kg of marijuana in Delhi - Apr 07, 2011
- Drug peddler arrested with heroin worth Rs.1 crore - Jul 14, 2010