Man held with explosives, may have Maoist linksSeptember 20th, 2011 - 11:45 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 20 (IANS) A man suspected of supplying explosives to Maoists was arrested in Uttar Pradesh’s Allahabad district with a huge quantity of ammonium nitrate and detonators, police said Tuesday.
Ramesh Chandra Kushwaha, 34, was nabbed late Monday in Shankargarh area with 182 detonators, 2.5 kg of ammonium nitrate and fuse wires of around 150 feet.
“Ramesh was caught moving suspiciously in the area. With such a cache of explosives seized from him, we definitely cannot rule out the possibility of his links with Maoists,” Deputy Superintendent of Police Digambar Prasad told reporters in Allahabad, some 200 km from here.
“Ramesh has been giving contradictory statements regarding the place from where he brought the explosives,” he added.
Kushwaha is a native of Uttar Pradesh, he said.
- Five arrested with explosives - Aug 04, 2011
- Men with suspected Maoist links held with explosives - May 06, 2011
- Man arrested with explosives - Aug 05, 2010
- Three held with 150 kg explosives in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 09, 2009
- Man arrested for supplying explosives to Maoists - May 21, 2010
- Two held with explosives in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 05, 2010
- Explosives seized in Uttar Pradesh's Sonbhadra - Nov 02, 2011
- Huge explosives haul made in Jharkhand - Feb 02, 2012
- Two held with explosives in Allahabad - May 02, 2010
- UP police arrests one for supplying arms to Maoists - May 21, 2010
- 3 arrested with explosives in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 20, 2009
- Men with suspected Maoists links held with detonators - Jul 09, 2011
- Man held with explosives in Chhattisgarh - Jun 14, 2011
- Huge cache of explosive seized in UP - Jun 09, 2012
- Explosives seized in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 02, 2011