Man held with counterfeit currencyNovember 5th, 2011 - 1:34 am ICT by IANS
Moradabad (Uttar Pradesh), Nov 4 (IANS) A man linked to an inter-state fake currency racket was arrested in this Uttar Pradesh district along with fake Indian currency notes of face value of over Rs.2 lakh, police said Friday.
Naushad, 22, was nabbed late Thursday from Bhojpur town, while his three accomplices managed to escape.
“Naushad worked for a West-Bengal-based fake currency racket that circulates counterfeit currency in Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh,” Police Inspector R.G. Sharma told reporters in Moradabad, some 350 km from Lucknow,
“As the notes seized from Naushad are of good quality, we cannot rule out the involvement of a foreign-based gang in manufacturing of the counterfeit notes,” he added.
- Man held for supplying fake notes from Bangladesh - Nov 05, 2010
- Two held with fake currency notes - Oct 15, 2011
- Two held in Uttar Pradesh with fake notes - Dec 11, 2010
- Five men arrested with fake notes - Sep 13, 2011
- Arms smuggler held in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 10, 2011
- 3 held with fake currency in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 06, 2010
- Two arrested with Rs.1 lakh fake currency - Aug 24, 2011
- Two arrested with Rs.11 lakh in fake notes - May 15, 2010
- Man held in Lucknow with Rs.1 lakh in fake currency - Aug 27, 2011
- Man held with fake currency in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 24, 2010
- Three held with fake currency - Aug 18, 2010
- Three held with fake currency worth Rs.1 lakh - Nov 18, 2011
- Man held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 01, 2011
- Two held in Uttar Pradesh with fake currency notes - Oct 12, 2010
- Three held with Pakistan-made fake currency - Nov 25, 2010
Tags: accomplices, bihar, counterfeit currency, counterfeit notes, currency notes, face value, fake currency racket, indian currency, inter state, lucknow, madhya pradesh, naushad, police inspector, rs 2, uttar pradesh police, west bengal