Man held for trying to sell minor girl in DelhiJune 4th, 2012 - 11:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) A minor girl from Bihar who came to Delhi a month ago in search of job was rescued when she was about to be sold for trafficking, a Delhi Police official said Monday.
Rishi Pal, 32, hailing from Bulandshahr in Uttar Pradesh, was arrested Sunday from the capital’s G.B. Road before he could sell the girl, allegedly for Rs.50,000.
Pal met the girl a week ago at Uttar Pradesh’s Ghaziabad railway station, said the police official.
The girl overheard the man talking to another person on phone that he had brought a girl and would sell her for Rs.50,000.
“The girl started crying. This drew the attention of some police personnel patrolling in the area. That led to the arrest of Pal,” said Devesh Chandra Srivastva, additional commissioner of police.
Srivastva said Pal had worked as a pimp at G.B. Road in 2005.
“After that, he left that work and started selling…poor girls to the brothels in G.B. Road. He used to roam around on the railway and bus stations and search for girls who came all alone. He would then lure them with the promise of getting them jobs. Till now, he has sold four such girls,” added Srivastva.
- Ten girls rescued from Delhi brothels - Jun 26, 2012
- Minors rescued from Delhi brothel - Aug 18, 2012
- Eight girls rescued from Delhi brothels - Apr 28, 2012
- Four caught for killing Delhi cop - Sep 11, 2012
- Four minors rescued from Delhi brothel - Mar 01, 2012
- Minor rescued from Delhi brothel - Dec 14, 2010
- Delhi shootout accused to be produced in court - Jun 28, 2010
- Nine Nepali girls rescued from brothel - Jul 08, 2011
- Five held with fake amulet in Delhi - Sep 02, 2012
- Bitter row over Agra's trademark sweet - Nov 02, 2011
- Teenaged girl helps nab traffickers on tip from TV serial - Aug 31, 2012
- Minor girl rescued from Delhi brothel - Jan 18, 2010
- Two arrested for cheating engineers - Sep 18, 2012
- Six rescued from Delhi's red light area - May 29, 2012
- Woman falls from Metro station platform, injured (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
Tags: bihar, brothels, bus stations, chandra, commissioner of police, delhi police, devesh, ghaziabad, job, jobs, New Delhi, pimp, police official, poor girls, railway station, rishi, rs 50, trafficking