Man held for Rs.35,000 theft at Delhi airportJune 17th, 2012 - 11:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 17 (IANS) A man was arrested for stealing Rs.35,000 from the bag of a fellow passenger at the Indira Gandhi International airport here, police said Sunday.
Krishan Mohan was arrested Saturday by the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), which is incharge of the airport’s security, with the help of CCTV footage.
The money was stolen from Swaraj Singh’s handbag, said a CISF officer, adding that Mohan threw the bag away after taking out the cash.
“We identified the victim with the help of the passport in the bag and found him in the waiting lounge of the airport,” said police.
The victim then identified the accused with the help of CCTV footage.
–Indo-Asian News service
- Tihar undertrial alleges assault, sexual abuse - Jun 17, 2012
- Fanatics attacked me: Gay painter - Jan 06, 2012
- Ex-flight attendant kills self, blames Haryana minister (Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- Hot weekend in Delhi (Lead) - May 29, 2011
- Businessman held for stealing mobile - Aug 23, 2012
- IGNOU launches portal for students, partner institutions - Mar 03, 2011
- Cargo loaders arrested for stealing 106 mobiles - Sep 20, 2010
- Jindal taken to hospital for medical test - Jul 05, 2012
- Man robbed inside metro station - Jun 01, 2011
- BJP MP's daughter's bag with Rs.1.5 lakh stolen from fair - Oct 03, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi's stolen mobile found with IGI bag handler - Jun 28, 2010
- French woman held for stealing handbag - Aug 22, 2012
- Woman steals flowers from schoolboy's grave, sparks outrage - Dec 07, 2011
- Mumbai diamond heist solved, suspects held in Dubai (Third Lead) - Aug 24, 2010
- British man arrested for theft in Goa - Aug 12, 2012
Tags: asian news, central industrial security, central industrial security force cisf, delhi airport, fellow passenger, handbag, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, indo, krishan, mohan, money, New Delhi, news service, passport, rl, security force, vm