Man held for raping minor daughterMarch 24th, 2011 - 10:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 24 (IANS) A man who allegedly raped his daughter, a minor, for the last two years has been arrested, police said Thursday.
The victim was the only daughter of the accused, a resident of Sarai Rohilla area in north Delhi.
“She was allegedly raped by her father, Tej Bahadur, for last two years but could not gather the courage to complain,” said a senior police officer.
After the 13-year-old, class 8 student, was raped by her father again Tuesday, she finally broke her silence and told her sister-in-law, who told her husband. The victim’s brother then filed a police complaint. The girl was taken to hospital for medical examination.
“The accused was identified as Tej Bahadur, 42. He was arrested Wednesday early morning after the medical report of the victim confirmed rape,” said a police officer.
The girl was staying with her father after the death of her mother while her brother and sister-in-law live at Paschim Vihar area in North Delhi.
- Woman raped on pretext of job interview - Jan 07, 2012
- Youth arrested for raping infant in Delhi - Aug 17, 2012
- Youth arrested for gang rape in Delhi - Aug 29, 2012
- Man rapes minor step-daughter - Aug 02, 2011
- Two minors raped in Delhi - Jul 10, 2012
- Teenager abducted, gangraped in Gurgaon - May 10, 2012
- Minor gangraped in moving van, one held (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Mumbai suicide victim's sister-in-law arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- Two minors gang raped in the capital - Feb 11, 2012
- Father rapes daughter in west Delhi - May 19, 2012
- Delhi University student raped in car (Lead) - Aug 05, 2010
- 15-year-old gang raped - Apr 29, 2011
- Deaf-mute athlete raped in Bengal, attacker arrested - Jun 26, 2012
- Man arrested for raping lover - Oct 31, 2011
- BSP legislator among 5 booked in Etawah rape, suicide case - Jan 28, 2011
Tags: brother and sister, class 8, courage, medical examination, medical report, minor daughter, New Delhi, north delhi, police complaint, police officer, police said thursday, rape, silence, sister in law