Man held for raping mentally challenged minorJuly 17th, 2012 - 3:04 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, July 17 (IANS) Police Tuesday arrested a 30-year-old man in south Kashmir’s Shopian district for allegedly raping a 13-year-old mentally challenged girl.
Based on the statements of the victim, her father and subsequent medical examination, police said a local named Imtiyaz Ahmad Bhat, 30, belonging to Wanpora village in Shopian, 100 km from here, was arrested for raping the mentally challenged minor.
“We have registered an FIR in Keller police station against the accused and he has been arrested,” said a senior police officer here.
The father of the victim has demanded that the accused be sentenced for life to ensure that such heinous crimes against children and women are prevented.
- Sarpanch in Kashmir held for molesting girl - Sep 10, 2011
- Mentally challenged teen raped in Kashmir - Sep 09, 2011
- CRPF denies any involvement, statement on Kashmir youth's death - Aug 01, 2012
- Srinagar markets closed to protest shopkeeper's murder - Dec 15, 2011
- Minor raped by neighbour in Delhi - Jul 16, 2012
- Warden booked for sodomising mentally disabled in Haryana - Jul 02, 2012
- Rapist leaves scar on woman's chastity: Court - Sep 02, 2012
- Woman raped in Bengal, minister says law and order best - Aug 22, 2012
- Shopian case: Relatives protest against delay in justice - Jun 07, 2010
- Kashmir police bust human trafficking racket - Mar 09, 2012
- Nine get 10 years jail for rape - Apr 09, 2012
- 2 militants killed at Kulgam, 3 miscreants arrested at Srinagar in J-K - Nov 01, 2010
- Girl gangraped in Patna boys' hostel - Sep 12, 2012
- Separatist shutdown mars life in Kashmir - Jul 28, 2012
- Two school officials dismissed for negligence in rape case - Sep 26, 2011