Man held for murdering woman, granddaughterApril 16th, 2011 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 16 (IANS) A man was arrested here for murdering a 60-year-old woman and her teenaged granddaughter over a financial dispute, police said Saturday.
Vikas Sharma, 31, was arrested from Shahdara in east Delhi Friday while his brother and accomplice Dinesh Sharma, 37, was arrested April 10, police said.
“Dinesh had failed to repay a loan of Rs.3.5 lakh taken from Devi and decided to take back the papers of the agreement. But Devi refused to give them the papers and the duo strangled her,” said a police officer.
The victim’s granddaughter, Nancy, a teenager, witnessed the crime and the accused killed her too. The attack took place April 2 in Nihal Vihar in west Delhi.
But Devi’s another granddaughter, Esha, 9, managed to escape and locked herself in a room. She later told the police about the incident and the arrests were made, the officer said.
- Man arrested for murdering woman, granddaughter - Apr 10, 2011
- Woman, granddaughter found strangled in Delhi - Apr 02, 2011
- Three booked for killing hair-stylist - Sep 12, 2012
- Minor raped by teenaged neighbour - Feb 13, 2011
- Elderly landlady murdered for property, three held - Apr 14, 2011
- Delhi engineer murdered by friend for ransom (Second Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Youth murdered by ex-lover's father - Jan 26, 2012
- Two murders in Delhi - Jul 11, 2012
- Delhi woman hangs herself over harassment, husband arrested - Aug 15, 2012
- Van driver kills lover's brother, held - May 22, 2012
- Three police officials suspended for dereliction of duty - Jan 26, 2012
- Two held for elderly woman's murder - Mar 23, 2011
- Cook held for sending lewd text messages to woman - Oct 21, 2011
- Drunken son kills mother - Feb 05, 2011
- Man kills lover's husband - Mar 31, 2012