Man held for killing wifeMarch 23rd, 2011 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 23 (IANS) A man allegedly stabbed his wife to death after accusing her of having an affair, police said Wednesday.
Nizamuddin, 35, murdered Shabana, 31, at his house in Gokulpuri area in east Delhi after a quarrel Tuesday night.
“We received a call at the Police Control Room at around 3 a.m. from Nizamuddin saying that unidentified robbers have killed his wife,” said a senior police officer.
When police reached the spot, Nizamuddin told police that four robbers struck at his house and one of them killed Shabana who tried to resist the robbery.
However, not convinced by the story, police questioned the couple’s children and one of them told police that Nizamuddin had stabbed Shabana.
“His 12-year old son told us that the couple had a fight with Nizamuddin alleging that she was having an affair with another man. Later he stabbed her,” said the officer.
Nizamuddin owns a garment-making unit on the ground floor of the building and lived on the first floor.
- Jeweller's house looted at gunpoint - Nov 30, 2011
- Two armed robberies in Delhi - Jun 17, 2011
- Ex-IAF staffer shot dead, wife injured - Jan 19, 2012
- Man dies after robbers throw him off second floor - Aug 17, 2012
- Four arrested in murder cases - May 06, 2011
- Court awards 10-year jail to man for killing wife - Aug 08, 2012
- Woman murdered in Gurgaon home - Dec 03, 2010
- Two elderly women stabbed to death in Delhi (lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Husband murders wife, daughters, kills self in Gurgaon - Apr 20, 2012
- Wife watched as lover stabbed husband - Sep 20, 2011
- Husband, wife commit suicide - Jan 25, 2012
- Two bank robbers killed in Jharkhand gun battle - Feb 10, 2011
- 65-year-old woman killed in Delhi home - Sep 06, 2012
- Man held for wife's murder - May 19, 2011
- Man stabs wife, flees - May 12, 2011