Man held for killing loverOctober 18th, 2011 - 12:27 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 17 (IANS) A 20-year-old man was arrested in east Delhi for killing his lover after she threatened to implicate him in a rape case, police said Monday. Two minor friends of the man involved in the crime were detained.
Ashok was arrested Sunday from New Usmanpur for killing married woman Chanda, 26, Deputy Commissioner of Police S.K. Jain said.
Chanda’s decomposed dead body was found in New Usmanpur Oct 12. A post-mortem revealed she had been murdered.
During interrogation, Ashok told police that he met Chanda while she was a tenant in his house. He fell in love with her and developed physical relations with her.
About one month ago, Chanda shifted to Gautampuri in east Delhi yet they continued to meet each other. But he came to know later that Chanda was meeting other lovers also.
When he questioned Chanda, she threatened to implicate him in a rape case. On Oct 9, he called her to a park and strangled her before slitting her neck with the help of his friends.
- Man kills wife for selling taxi - Aug 28, 2012
- Man surrenders after raping, murdering minor - Mar 13, 2011
- Minor boy sodomised, murdered - Sep 29, 2011
- CA student held for raping five-year-old in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 26, 2011
- Brothers found strangled, tenant absconding - Aug 30, 2011
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer - Aug 10, 2012
- Bikers crush two people in Delhi - Mar 22, 2011
- Former boyfriend arrested for Delhi woman's murder - May 17, 2011
- Youth slits wrists at Delhi police station, arrested (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Youth's decomposed body found in East Delhi - Oct 20, 2010
- Mother of Rajesh Talwar's lawyer murdered (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Delhi police hunt for lead in teenager's murder (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Murder of lawyer's mother: Construction workers quizzed - Mar 10, 2011
- No breakthrough in Delhi teenager's murder case - Jan 03, 2011
- Minor girl's body found in Delhi park - Oct 13, 2011