Man held for killing in-laws for moneyMay 5th, 2008 - 10:35 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 5 (IANS) A man has been arrested here for the murder of his mother-in-law and sister-in-law at their south Delhi home, police said Monday. Arun Lal was arrested Sunday for killing his mother-in-law Asha, 58, and sister-in-law Alka, 28, by hitting their heads with a heavy ’silbatta’ grinding stone at their Kalkaji home Friday afternoon. He fled with Rs.570,000 kept in a cupboard.
Police said that on Friday Alka had called Arun to locate her mother Asha, an epilepsy patient, after she went missing from the house. They later found her at a temple and returned with her to their Kalkaji home.
Alka then went to the market to fetch some milk.
“Arun, who had aided his mother-in-law in selling some property and was deep in debt, knew where the money was kept. He took the silbatta and hit Asha on the head. She died on the spot. Arun then took the cash from the cupboard,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (south Delhi) H.G.S. Dhaliwal.
“While fleeing, he encountered Alka on the stairs and told her that Asha had fallen due to an epilepsy fit and suffered severe injuries on the head. He said he was going to fetch a doctor and asked her to take care of Asha till then. After five minutes, he entered the house again and killed Alka using the same method,” he added.
Police said Arun hid the weapon in the house and escaped with the cash.
After making enquiries, police realised that it was a friendly entry and the assailant knew exactly where the family had kept the money.
“Many relatives and friends of the deceased were put under the scanner and interrogated. Arun broke down during interrogation and confessed to the crime,” Dhaliwal said.
- Woman nabbed for killing mother-in-law - Mar 17, 2012
- Woman, paramour held for sister-in law's murder - Feb 28, 2011
- Mumbai suicide victim's sister-in-law arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- In-laws booked for Mumbai's triple-suicide case - Mar 12, 2011
- BJP leader's sister drugged, left to die by kin - Aug 30, 2011
- Woman arrested for killing mother-in-law - Aug 10, 2010
- Twinkle Celebrates 'The Blast Before The Fast’ With Star Wives - Oct 28, 2010
- Dowry death: Four booked in Punjab - Jul 01, 2011
- Man kills five relatives in Cambodia - Aug 20, 2010
- Gurdwara chief, priests among US shooting victims - Aug 06, 2012
- Twinkle's 'Blast Before The Fast' party on Karva Chauth - Oct 25, 2010
- MCD employee poisons relative, arrested - May 04, 2012
- Man hacks three in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 14, 2010
- Husband held in Mumbai woman's suicide case - Mar 15, 2011