Man held for killing father for Rs.100July 30th, 2008 - 10:50 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, July 30 (IANS) A man was arrested Wednesday for killing his father following a fight between them over a paltry Rs.100 in a Chhattisgarh village, the police said. Vijay, 28, hit his father Gajha Kevat on the head with a wooden stick Tuesday night in Manakoni village in Kasdol block, over 100 km from here, a police official said. Manakoni falls in Raipur district.
Kasdol police said Vijay ran away when his father succumbed to his injuries. The official said that the two apparently had a fight over Rs.100 and that Vijay was drunk when he hit his father.
He was later presented before a local court, which sent him to jail.
- Man throws girl out of train after failed rape attempt - Feb 06, 2012
- Woman killed in Bihar for getting drunk - Jun 21, 2012
- Two Chhattisgarh cops killed in accident - Sep 03, 2011
- Swami Agnivesh's assailant shot at by Maoists - Apr 28, 2011
- Man kills brother over land tensions, witchcraft - Nov 01, 2011
- Chhattisgarh Police face another charge of custodial death - Feb 20, 2012
- Four held with deer skins in Chhattisgarh - Jan 05, 2011
- Bodies of slain Chhattisgarh cops ferried in garbage truck - Jun 28, 2011
- Couple blinded for alleged witchcraft - May 21, 2011
- Man beaten to death in Bihar for eloping - Sep 12, 2012
- Seven killed in Chhattisgarh road accident - Apr 30, 2010
- Lingaram Kodopi and Soni Sori: Chhattisgarh's prisoners of conscience (Special Report) - Aug 04, 2012
- Three robbery suspects lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 01, 2011
- Maoists kill civil militia leader - Mar 19, 2012
- Three ITBP men killed in Chhattisgarh landmine blast - Oct 08, 2010