Man held for killing DTC driver for Rs.300October 8th, 2011 - 11:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 8 (IANS) A 22-year-old man was arrested for killing a Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) driver who had refused to return a Rs.300 loan, police said Saturday.
Sanjay was arrested from his native place at Palwal in Haryana Friday, said Deputy Commissioner of Police A.K. Ojha.
He was working as driver at Colonel Child Bloom Public School at Najafgarh in west Delhi, adjacent to the house of Ajit Singh whom he shot dead on Oct 5 night.
Sanjay told police Ajit Singh’s son Vijay, who was his friend, wanted a SIM card and he purchased one for him for Rs.300. Ajit Singh had promised to repay him later.
Sanjay was in need of money for servicing of his bike a month ago so he approached Ajit Singh and asked for the money.
“Instead of paying, Ajit Singh accused him of stealing Rs.1,000. Ajit Singh also rebuked Sanjay in front of crowd,” said Ojha.
To avenge the insult, Sanjay shot Ajit Singh outside his house and fled from the spot Oct 5.
Ajit Singh’s elder son Manoj works as constable in Delhi Police and was at home when his father was shot dead.
- DTC bus driver gunned down - Oct 06, 2011
- Four held in Delhi MLA's shooting - Jun 03, 2012
- Man strangulates son to implicate friends - Feb 15, 2011
- Couple arrested for killing film producer in Delhi - Jun 20, 2012
- Gang responsible for several murders busted - Jan 25, 2011
- Delhi legislator shot, critical (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- To fix wife, man fakes death, elopes with her lover's sister - Jun 11, 2011
- Two held for killing money lender - Oct 07, 2011
- Two arrested for killing businessman - Jul 08, 2011
- Man held for cheating AIIMS nurse - Oct 16, 2011
- Man arrested for murdering creditor - Jul 16, 2011
- Cop's son kills mother - May 02, 2012
- Mother gets son killed to keep affair under wraps - Sep 01, 2011
- Speeding Mercedes kills man, driver held - Jan 09, 2012
- Good Samaritan saves life, gets killed himself - Jan 02, 2012
Tags: ajit singh, bloom, colonel, commissioner of police, constable, delhi police, deputy commissioner, haryana, insult, New Delhi, oct 5, ojha, palwal, rs 1, sanjay, sim card, spot oct, transport corporation, vijay, west delhi