Man held for kidnapping minor boyOctober 20th, 2011 - 12:29 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 19 (IANS) A bid to kidnap a minor boy from central Delhi was foiled with the arrest of a 32-year-old man at New Delhi Railway station here, police said Wednesday.
Narender Singh, along with the child was in a queue at a ticket counter, when the child’s father Sonu Singh spotted him past midnight Monday, police said.
Police officials outside the station nabbed Narender Singh when he tried to escape and rescued Kunal, 2.
The incident came to light when Sonu Singh found his son missing from outside his hutment near Bangla Sahib in central Delhi past midnight Monday. Sonu, who works as a labourer at a tent shop, lives with his family.
After he found Kunal missing, a neighbour told Sonu Singh that a suspicious-looking man was seen around his house.
Sonu Singh along with his wife and locals rushed towards New Delhi Railway Station where Narender Singh was standing in the queue at a ticket counter with Kunal.
Narender Singh told police that he kidnapped the child to push him into begging.
- Man held for killing 9-year-old cousin - Sep 11, 2010
- Ex-soldier scripts kidnap of son for ransom - Jul 02, 2012
- NTPC engineer murdered in Gurgaon - Jul 28, 2012
- Bangladesh railway touts dupe people ahead of Eid - Aug 25, 2011
- Demand supply gap responsible for Tatkal woes: Mukul Roy - Jul 06, 2012
- Railway job racket busted, 5 arrested - Apr 27, 2012
- Man held for abducting boy, throwing him before train - Feb 03, 2011
- Man says he killed kids he couldn't sell - Feb 18, 2012
- Three killed after falling down manhole - Nov 19, 2011
- CCTV footage released on Mumbai child kidnapper - Jul 06, 2012
- Man held for sodomising, killing minor - Apr 12, 2011
- Noida school student kidnapped - Aug 16, 2010
- Airport Metro offers discount on Guru Purab - Nov 09, 2011
- Abducted builder found dead, three held - Jun 20, 2011
- Missing youth's mutilated body found - Jul 31, 2011