Man held for impersonating magistrateAugust 4th, 2008 - 9:38 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, Aug 4 (IANS) A man has been arrested for impersonating a special magistrate of the Allahabad High Court and extorting money from a biscuit factory here, police said Monday. Yogesh Sachdeva, claiming to be the special magistrate, threatened the management of the Priya Gold biscuit factory here July 27 and even showed them a fake arrest warrant issued by the chief judicial magistrate of Ghaziabad, said Sunil Dubey, station house officer of the Surajpur police station.
He reached the factory and demanded more money on Saturday. But this time the manager, Davendra Tyagi, suspected foul play and called the police.
Sachdeva was held Saturday and during interrogation, he broke down and confessed that he was a clerk with a lawyer at a Ghaziabad court, Dubey said. He revealed that he was a resident of Bulandshahr.
The police booked him Sunday and also recovered a letter head with fake signatures of the Ghaziabad chief judicial magistrate.
- Government employee shot dead outside office - Feb 23, 2011
- Man shot in suspected honour killing in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 02, 2012
- Five held for cheating finance company - Jan 31, 2012
- Budding engineers among seven held for robberies - Jan 05, 2011
- Two arrested for selling fake gold biscuits in Delhi - May 10, 2012
- Man held for impersonating as judicial officer - Jun 14, 2011
- One cop held with drugs, four suspended in Ghaziabad - Feb 02, 2011
- Call girl racket busted in Ghaziabad - Jan 15, 2012
- Two arrested for selling fake medicines - Aug 26, 2011
- Ghaziabad architect caught taking bribe - Apr 20, 2012
- Mystery shrouds couple's death in police custody - Jun 08, 2012
- Constable commits suicide in Greater Noida - Oct 27, 2010
- Court clerk held for tampering with documents - Sep 16, 2011
- Accused in Ghaziabad wedding shooting held - Jan 10, 2012
- Court summons six cops over shootout - Aug 27, 2011