Man held for fraud land deals in PunjabNovember 5th, 2008 - 11:57 pm ICT by IANS
Ropar (Punjab), Nov 5 (IANS) The managing director of an upcoming residential colony in Punjab’s Ropar town has been arrested for duping people through fraud land deals, the police said Wednesday.”Rajbir was arrested Tuesday night on the complaint of Ajit Singh, a resident of Mohali town, with whom Rajbir had struck a land deal in 2006,” Senior Superintendent of Police (Ropar) R.N. Dhoke told reporters.
“Rajbir took Rs.1.035 million from Ajit and made an agreement to sell him two residential plots in Maharaja City, his upcoming colony. But two years later, he neither allotted any plot nor returned the money to Ajit,” said Dhoke.
Ropar is around 45 km from Chandigarh.
Rajbir was produced in a local court Wednesday and was sent to two-day police remand.
Dhoke added: “We have got over a dozen complaints against the accused. Police have booked him for cheating and for violating the provisions of Punjab Urban Development Authority (PUDA) Act.”
Rajbir had allegedly sold the plots three months prior to the sale date fixed by PUDA in August 2006.
“On receiving the complaint from Ajit, we referred the matter to the Economic Offences Wing and after getting their report, we arrested Rajbir. Many more complaints have been lying pending against Rajbir and his wife Rajwant Kaur on similar lines,” Dhoke said.
- Two arrested for duping people - Jan 01, 2012
- Punjab allows private architects to clear building plans - Jun 12, 2011
- Two accounts officers held in fraud case - Jun 23, 2011
- Two Punjab women dupe six with lure of Canada - Feb 03, 2011
- Travel agency dupes 90 youths of Rs.2.5 crore, two held - May 31, 2010
- Three held for Delhi woman's trafficking - Jun 09, 2012
- Punjab police bust women masseur racket, two held - Aug 31, 2010
- Three management professionals held for cheating - Jan 23, 2011
- Punjab cop booked for demanding bribe - Mar 13, 2011
- IAS officer suspended in Punjab over land deal - May 08, 2012
- Punjab lawyer, sons held for immigration fraud - Dec 10, 2010
- Shooter Abhinav Bindra faces trouble over land - Sep 28, 2010
- Punjab announces plot allotment scheme for IT sector - Jul 15, 2010
- Two Australians among three held for kidnap plot (Lead) - Aug 20, 2010
- Jeweller held for selling sub-standard gems - Oct 15, 2011