Man held for duping people with fake jobsOctober 15th, 2011 - 1:11 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 14 (IANS) A marketing executive of an outsourcing agency for sale of mobile numbers and internet connections was arrested for duping unemployed engineers by offering them lucrative job offers in a telecom company, police said Friday.
Devender Singh, a resident of Madangir in south Delhi and working at an agency selling MTS company products, was arrested Thursday from Okhla in south Delhi, Additional Commissioner of Police Ajay Chaudhary said.
Singh’s arrest came following a complaint Thursday from a man, who was duped of several thousands rupees by Singh and his associates.
Singh told police that the gang used to contact unemployed engineers through phones and called them to come to an office of MTS in Okhla for an interview.
As they victims agreed, they would lead the candidate to a common area where salesmen of MTS used to assemble and from there, another gang member would take the victims to a conference hall of the company.
Singh, sitting over there, would inform the victims about their selections and used to collect between Rs.30,000 and Rs.50,000 for the job. The victims were provide an “appointment letter”, giving them 15 to 30 days time to join.
The victims would only realise they were duped when they reached the office on the day mentioned on the letter.
Investigations are on to nab Singh’s associates.
- Four nabbed for duping railway job seekers - Aug 25, 2012
- Railway job racket busted, 5 arrested - Apr 27, 2012
- Man arrested for duping youth - Sep 29, 2011
- Four held for cheating job hunters - Oct 20, 2011
- Man arrested for cheating in Delhi - Jun 08, 2012
- Five arrested for duping people with ready maids - Jun 25, 2012
- Man arrested for duping hundreds across India - Oct 15, 2011
- Fake job racket, headed by Delhi Police constable, busted - Apr 30, 2012
- Man held for overseas job racket - Feb 17, 2011
- Five held for fake mobile tower offers - Apr 05, 2011
- Accountant, wife booked for fraud - Jun 16, 2012
- Two railway staff held for running job racket - May 16, 2011
- Gang of fraudsters busted, three arrested from UP - Sep 19, 2012
- Man held for job fraud - Dec 27, 2011
- Couple arrested for cheating job aspirants - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: ajay chaudhary, appointment letter, commissioner of police, company police, devender, gang member, internet connections, investigations, jobs, lucrative job, marketing, mobile numbers, New Delhi, rs 50, rupees, salesmen, south delhi, telecom company