Man held for cheating on pretext of erecting phone towersApril 10th, 2011 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 10 (IANS) A 22-year-old man was arrested for cheating thousands of people across the country on the pretext of installing mobile towers of telecom companies on their rooftops, police said Sunday.
Israil Lala, a resident of west Delhi, was arrested Saturday by Delhi Police from a flat in Vaishali in Uttar Pradesh’s Ghaziabad. He jumped from a window of flat situated on the first floor and fractured his legs.
He led an interstate gang which enticed people by releasing advertisement in newspapers offering people Rs.65,000-70,000 as monthly rent and Rs.40 lakh as an advance, on behalf of mobile companies, police said.
“The victims were made to deposit Rs.43,000 as government tax in a given account number. Later, the gang members would withdraw the money and escape,” said a police officer.
“We have recovered 180 mobile phones, thousands of fake stamp papers, Speed Post stamps and forged documents related to various mobile companies,” the official added.
“His five associates - Islam Ahmad, 22, Deepak Kumar Malhotra, 25, Suraj, 24, Mukesh Kumar, 22, and Tilak Raj, 28, - were apprehended March 4 from Mayur Vihar market in east Delhi,” the officer added.
- Five held for fake mobile tower offers - Apr 05, 2011
- Four held for looting on trains - Sep 18, 2011
- Servant, four others, held for looting house - May 04, 2011
- Four held for sending Nepali women to Gulf on fake papers - Aug 29, 2012
- Two arrested for duping people - Jan 01, 2012
- Four nabbed for duping railway job seekers - Aug 25, 2012
- Eight held in Delhi, Ghaziabad for Rs.10 crore Chandigarh heist (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Railway job racket busted, 5 arrested - Apr 27, 2012
- Man held for duping people with fake jobs - Oct 15, 2011
- Two held for duping 1,000 people over jobs - Oct 13, 2011
- Six held for betting on cricket - Jan 22, 2011
- MCD employee arrested for forgery - May 30, 2012
- Fake degree racket busted, two held - Jun 24, 2011
- Bank robbery: Rs.63.5 lakh seized in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Two held in Delhi, one in Ghaziabad for Chandigarh heist - Jan 16, 2011
Tags: delhi police, east delhi, gang members, government tax, israil, lakh, malhotra, mobile companies, mobile towers, mukesh kumar, phone towers, post stamps, rooftops, rs 40, speed post, stamp papers, telecom companies, tilak, vaishali, west delhi