Man held for cheating AIIMS nurseOctober 16th, 2011 - 12:31 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 15 (IANS) A 24-year-old unemployed youth has been arrested for cheating a nurse working at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) of Rs.4.5 lakh, police said Saturday.
Chander Mohan, a resident of Najafgarh in west Delhi, was arrested from his home Friday, said Additional Commissioner of Police V. Renganathan.
He was held after 34-year-old Naresh Kumari, resident of Mundka in west Delhi, registered a police complaint Oct 8.
The nurse alleged that some months back, she received a call from a man named Vishal, who told her that he was an employee of HDFC Bank, and said he will sanction her a home loan if she opened an account with the bank.
During that time, she had also applied for a loan at Fullerton India Credit Co. Ltd. in Janakpuri and Rs.3.1 lakh was also sanctioned from the company.
Needing more funds, she agreed and gave him copies of the required documents and a cheque of Rs. 4.5 lakh to open the account.
“Neither Kumari received any intimation from Vishal or from the bank about her account nor was the loan sanctioned. The man named Vishal also disappeared,” said Renganathan.
During investigation, police found that a bank account with name of Naresh Kumari was opened in HDFC Bank branch in Naraina and Rs.4.5 lakh was deposited in it. But the entire money was later withdrawn.
Chander Mohan told the police he was friends with Sanjay, an employee of Fullerton India, and through him, he came to know Naresh Kumari’s details. He then hatched the plan to swindle her.
- Two held for cheating in Delhi - May 31, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Youth arrested for cheating ex-labour ministry employee - Jul 19, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Three held in Delhi for fraud - Mar 28, 2011
- Eight held for credit card fraud - Oct 20, 2011
- Former bank staff held for fraud - Nov 07, 2011
- 'Chacha-Bhatija' vehicle theft ring busted - Feb 04, 2012
- Three arrested for buying goods using fake credit card - Jan 15, 2011
- Seven arrested for defrauding bank, card-holders of lakhs - Feb 18, 2011
- Akhilesh leads by example, declares assets - Mar 28, 2012
- Gehlot meets Maderna in hospital - Nov 15, 2011
- 'Bollywood inspired' student held for forgery - Mar 06, 2011
- Three held for stealing money from IIT accounts - Nov 15, 2011
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, chander, cheque, commissioner of police, fullerton, home loan, india credit, india institute, intimation, mohan, money, New Delhi, nurse, police complaint, sanjay, unemployed youth, west delhi