Man held for around 50 robberiesSeptember 17th, 2011 - 1:13 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 16 (IANS) A 23-year-old kingpin of a gang, involved in at least 50 cases of robbing patients admitted in hospitals and passengers at railway stations and bus terminals by drugging them, has been arrested, police said Friday.
Chhote Lal, a resident of Uttam Nagar in west Delhi along with his accomplice Shankar and a few others has committed over 50 such crimes, said Deputy Commissioner of Police Chhaya Sharma.
Police said the arrest came following investigation into a complaint lodged by Mithlesh, who was robbed of her gold ear-rings and a mobile phone by the accused.
“She was targeted outside Safdarjung Hospital and drugged in an auto rickshaw. The closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage of the hospital helped investigators to identify the accused who was later nabbed,” said Sharma.
Efforts are being made to nab absconding members of the gang.
- Three booked for killing hair-stylist - Sep 12, 2012
- Man held for robbing train passengers, patients - May 21, 2011
- Five robbers arrested - Sep 24, 2011
- Three burglars held in Delhi - Jan 29, 2011
- Bag-lifter caught in Delhi shopping mall - Sep 23, 2010
- Two gangsters held in Punjab - Dec 18, 2010
- Cricket betting racket busted, one held in Chandigarh - Mar 07, 2011
- Cops rescue abducted NRI in Kurukshetra - Apr 11, 2012
- Minor held for burglary at PM's media adviser's home - Jun 30, 2011
- Man arrested for snatching foreigner's bag - Nov 11, 2011
- Three held for cheating, launching fake companies - Oct 21, 2011
- Main accused arrested in Dalit girl attack - Feb 07, 2011
- 'Burgle and burn' gang strikes again in Delhi - Mar 06, 2011
- Brothers killed, parents injured over parking brawl - May 30, 2012
- Chain-snatching gang apprehended in Delhi - Jul 09, 2012
Tags: accomplice, auto rickshaw, bus terminals, closed circuit television, commissioner of police, crimes, deputy commissioner, ear rings, hospitals, investigators, kingpin, lal, mobile phone, New Delhi, railway stations, robberies, shankar, west delhi