Man held for allegedly raping teenage daughterJune 10th, 2009 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) A man was arrested here after his 16-year-old daughter alleged that he had been raping her for two and half years at their northwest Delhi home, police said Wednesday.
The police said the victim’s mother took her to the Sultanpuri police station Wednesday afternoon and reported the matter.
After initial investigation, the police registered a case and took the victim to the Sanjay Gandhi hospital where doctors confirmed she had been raped. The man, a former soldier, was then arrested.
The victim told the police that her father used to threaten her and her mother of dire consequences due to which they did not approach the police earlier.
“But when he again raped her Tuesday, the victim’s mother decided to report the incident to us,” said a police officer.
- Priest held for raping schoolgirl - May 20, 2011
- Myanmarese refugee held for raping niece - Jun 09, 2011
- Two minors gang raped in the capital - Feb 11, 2012
- Man held for raping daughter - Jan 15, 2012
- CRPF man, brother held for rape - Feb 10, 2011
- 13-year-old girl raped, accused held in Delhi - Mar 11, 2011
- Women raped by cab driver in south Delhi - Dec 13, 2011
- Youth arrested for raping minor - Mar 24, 2012
- Man arrested for raping tenant - Nov 14, 2009
- Eight-year-old raped in Delhi - Mar 23, 2011
- Niece raped by uncle in Delhi - Apr 20, 2012
- Minor gangraped, one held - Sep 03, 2011
- Two held for gang-raping minor - Dec 07, 2011
- Gym employee rapes colleague, held - Jun 28, 2011
- Youth held for raping Assamese girl - Apr 21, 2011