Man held at Jaipur airport for gold smugglingAugust 10th, 2012 - 12:38 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Aug 9 (IANS) A 45-year-old man was arrested at the Jaipur International Airport Thursday on suspicion of gold smuggling from Dubai and about 2.75 kg of gold jewellery was recovered from his possession, sources said.
The arrest was made by a team of Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI).
A senior officer at the Jaipur airport refused to divulge the man’s identify, but said he hails from Karnataka.
“The man was coming to Jaipur from Dubai by an Oman Air flight. He was checked at the customs counter at the airport. He was found having the gold chains hidden in his clothes. During preliminary investigation, it has come up that he was involved in smuggling of gold,” said the officer.
The man was subjected to intense interrogation by a team of customs officials at the airport and the DRI office.
- Two arrested in Jaipur, 100 kg of banned drug seized - Aug 10, 2012
- Bid to smuggle 17 kg crystal meth foiled in Dubai - Dec 21, 2011
- Drug smuggler arrested in Rajasthan - Dec 18, 2011
- Three held for duping jeweller of Rs.1 crore - Nov 13, 2011
- Asian passenger held for drug trafficking in Dubai - May 05, 2011
- Fresh trail links Karachi to fake Indian money in Nepal - Aug 12, 2011
- Nepal posse seizes gold smuggled from India - Sep 02, 2010
- Indian caught with drugs in Malaysia - Jul 23, 2010
- Drug smuggling bid foiled in Dubai - Jan 14, 2012
- Three burglars held in Delhi - Jan 29, 2011
- Three kg hashish seized in UAE - Apr 14, 2011
- Man arrested for trying to smuggle 50 snakes on a plane - Nov 17, 2011
- Domestic help held for robbing employer - Mar 11, 2011
- Dubai police foils cocaine smuggling in Zambia - Jun 05, 2012
- Spanish model caught hiding cocaine in fake breasts - Dec 22, 2011
Tags: air flight, clothes, customs officials, dubai, gold chains, gold jewellery, intense interrogation, jaipur airport, kg, old man, oman air, possession, preliminary investigation, revenue intelligence, suspicion