Man hacked to death in ThiruvananthapuramApril 1st, 2008 - 5:19 pm ICT by admin
Thiruvananthapuram, April 1 (IANS) In a shocking incident, a man was hacked to death with swords by three men here Tuesday morning, the police said. Vishnu, who runs a travel agency in front of the passport office here, was attacked by three youths brandishing swords at around 11 a.m. The 35-year-old died instantly and the assailants, who were wearing helmets, got on to three waiting motorbikes and sped away, a police official said.
City Police Commissioner Revadha Chandrasekhar told reporters that inquiries had begun and that they had obtained a few leads.
Gang rivalry is reported to be the cause of the cold-blooded murder and Vishnu, who allegedly belonged to a criminal gang, had a few cases registered against him.
Police also suspect that it could be a political murder as Vishnu was a supporter of the Communist Party of India-Marxist.
- Lookout notices for eight suspects in ex-CPI-M leader's murder - May 11, 2012
- BSP leader shot dead, two detained - Mar 14, 2011
- Assailants ambush police van, three prisoners killed (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Shootout on Delhi-Agra highway, two killed - Mar 20, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader nabbed for former colleague's murder - Jun 29, 2012
- Lawyer hacked to death in Hyderabad - Mar 26, 2011
- Dacoit gang busted, five arrested - Feb 21, 2011
- Three TDP workers hacked to death in Anantapur - Sep 15, 2011
- Kerala fishermen's relatives feel cheated - Apr 20, 2012
- Three arrested in Agra - Oct 30, 2010
- Car hijacked, driver murdered on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway - Jun 11, 2012
- Two government officials shot dead in Bihar - Mar 02, 2012
- Delhi legislator shot, stable (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Municipal poll contestant shot in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 19, 2012
- One of CPI-M leader's killers arrested - May 23, 2012