Man gets life term for killing employer’s sonOctober 22nd, 2008 - 11:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 22 (IANS) A 28-year-old man was handed a life term by a city court Wednesday for kidnapping and killing his employer’s nephew in 2003.Additional Sessions Judge R.K.Jain also imposed a fine of Rs.1,000 on Radha Raman after holding him guilty under Section 302 (murder) and 364 A (kidnapping for ransom) of the Indian Penal Code.
The court relied upon the statements of Manak Chand and his wife Raj Rani, who deposed that Raman had telephoned them and demanded Rs.50,000 for their son’s release.
They also testified that they could easily identify Raman’s voice as he worked as a machine operator at their relative and complainant Dal Chand’s factory.
Raman was arrested Oct 19, 2003 after Dal Chand filed a complaint at the Ashok Vihar police station stating that his nephew had missing for five days.
The victim’s burnt body was found in Nand Nagri Oct 21, 2003.
- Staged shootout: Charges framed against Rajasthan IPS officer - May 01, 2012
- Three get life term for 2006 kidnapping of Adobe CEO's son - Sep 26, 2011
- Three convicted for 2006 kidnapping of Adobe CEO's son - Sep 25, 2011
- Naroda witnesses happy with court verdict (With Image) - Aug 29, 2012
- Sacked employee held for kidnapping minor - Aug 30, 2011
- Tehelka sting case: Witness refuses to testify - May 14, 2012
- Kidnapper attempts suicide in court - Oct 13, 2010
- Three held for murdering 14-year-old boy - Jan 01, 2011
- Court allows Sajjan Kumar's plea in 1984 riots case - Aug 03, 2012
- CBI arrests Rajasthan ex-minister over missing nurse - Dec 02, 2011
- Bihar legislator acquitted in abduction case - Jul 28, 2010
- CBI arrests one more in missing nurse case - Dec 27, 2011
- No mercy for kidnappers of children, says Supreme Court - Dec 05, 2011
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister among 32 convicted (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- JD-U leader's bail to be challenged in Supreme Court - Jan 08, 2010