Man gets life imprisonment for killing wifeJuly 9th, 2008 - 8:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 9 (IANS) A court here Wednesday awarded life imprisonment to a man for killing his wife in 2002 after a prolonged strained relationship. Additional Sessions Judge Vinod Kumar sentenced Shakeel after finding him guilty of murdering Bilkis and also fined him Rs.1,000.
The case dates back to April 14, 2002 when Shakeel, after a heated argument with his wife at their Sangam Vihar house in south Delhi, killed her, locked the house and left the place.
On April 16, the house owner complained to the police about stinking smell from inside the house.
When the door was forced open, the police found the body of Bilkis wrapped in a cloth. Shakeel was arrested from Moradabad the same day.
Judge Vinod Kumar said it was up to Shakeel to explain how Bilkis died. “This non-explanation is an additional reason which convinced me that Bilkis was murdered and that too by the accused,” he said.
- Couple arrested for killing film producer in Delhi - Jun 20, 2012
- Husband murders wife, daughters, kills self in Gurgaon - Apr 20, 2012
- Three to die for killing four-year-old - May 25, 2012
- Property dealer gets life term for wife's killing - Nov 17, 2010
- Husband held for killing wife - Apr 20, 2011
- Man gets life for killing professor - Jul 19, 2012
- Court pulls up cop for lax rape probe - Jun 20, 2012
- Court awards 10-year jail to man for killing wife - Aug 08, 2012
- Man held for killing minor in Delhi - Jun 24, 2012
- Youth shoots himself dead in Delhi - Jul 27, 2012
- 13 Delhi cops discharged in staged shootout case - May 24, 2012
- Court slams failure to weed out Bangladeshi migrants - Aug 10, 2012
- Three convicted for killing shoe baron - Sep 17, 2011
- Two sisters immolate themselves in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 18, 2010
- Three sentenced to life for killing shoe baron - Sep 21, 2011