Man gets death for killing daughterJune 1st, 2011 - 11:32 pm ICT by IANS
Rampur (Uttar Pradesh), June 1 (IANS) A local court here Wednesday awarded death penalty to a man for killing his teenaged daughter in 2009 over her love affair, police said.
“Additional District Judge Kamini Pathak gave the death sentence to Shaukat Saifi, who beheaded his 15-year-old daughter in June 2009 over her love affair with a youth in Kirmicha village,” police inspector Baburam Sagar told reporters in Rampur, some 300 km from state capital Lucknow.
“The victim wanted to marry the youth, but her father and other family members were against their relationship,” he added.
According to police, Saifi’s daughter had once eloped with the youth she wanted to marry.
- Man held for honour killing in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 01, 2011
- Parents beat teenaged daughter to death for love affair - Jun 08, 2010
- Man held for killing daughter, her lover - Nov 16, 2011
- Girl elopes, father and brother commit suicide - Nov 26, 2011
- Akhilesh firefights as ministers, officials embarrass government (Uttar Pradesh Newsletter) - May 13, 2012
- Husband agrees to treat wife as 'sister' - Jun 17, 2011
- Man kills daughter over love affair - Oct 24, 2011
- Teenaged girl burnt alive in suspected honour killing - Mar 26, 2011
- Four of family commit suicide in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 19, 2011
- Minor accuses father, three others of gang rape - Jun 04, 2011
- Death penalty for 10 people for honour killing - Jun 08, 2011
- Muslim girl killed for love affair with Hindu - Nov 25, 2010
- 'Honour killing' victims make dramatic reappearance (Second Lead) - May 10, 2010
- Youth kills girl, commits suicide in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 05, 2011
- Dead Delhi scribe's lover surrenders in Jharkhand - Jun 05, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,