Man gets death for burning alive daughter-in-lawApril 3rd, 2012 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) A man was awarded the death penalty by a court here Tuesday for burning alive his daughter-in-law in 2009. His son and daughter were awarded similar sentences.
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Ramesh Kumar awarded death sentence to Gulbeg Ali, a resident of Gokulpuri in east Delhi, his son Zulfikar Ali and daughter Kumari Mubin Fatima for setting ablaze victim Shama Parveen in October 2009 in their house.
Parveen was married to Gulbeg Ali’s other son Sarfraz.
The court also fined the convicts Rs.5,000 each.
The judge observed that the three convicts used to fight with the victim on the issue of her share in the family property.
“It has been established that all the accused persons had been found in dominating position over the helpless Shama Praveen and from their motive and intention, it has also been established that they had murdered her in extreme brutal manner in order to deprive her of her share in the property,” the court said.
According to the prosecution, the victim was set on fire Oct 22, 2009.
The court took note of the victim’s dying declaration, in which she named all the three accused.
- Five rapists of minor get life term - Jan 28, 2012
- Probe lapses not fatal to case if guilt proved: SC - Aug 02, 2012
- Court upholds life term for man who raped, killed daughter - Oct 23, 2011
- Manu Sharma granted parole, barred from nightclubs - Nov 16, 2011
- Delhi man given life term for killing neighbour - Apr 12, 2011
- Pushkin Chandra killing: Life term for two upheld - Oct 31, 2011
- Pakistani establishment had hand in father's, uncle's killing: Fatima Bhutto - Apr 04, 2010
- Man gets death for killing daughter - Jun 01, 2011
- BJP legislator, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya carnage (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Kazmi urges resumption of hearing in sessions court - Jul 11, 2012
- Three sent to jail for drug trafficking - Aug 10, 2010
- Poetry was way of making sense of the madness: Fatima Bhutto (Interview) - Sep 09, 2011
- Rapist leaves scar on woman's chastity: Court - Sep 02, 2012
- Zardari tried to bribe my father: Fatima Bhutto - Apr 04, 2010
- Pune rape, murder accused awarded death penalty (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
Tags: ali, brutal manner, convicts, death penalty, death sentence, dying declaration, east delhi, fatima, intention, motive, mubin, New Delhi, parveen, praveen, prosecution, sentences, sessions, son and daughter