Man gets 3 years’ jail for impersonating in AIIMS examJune 13th, 2012 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 13 (IANS) A Delhi court has awarded a man three years rigorous imprisonment for his involvement in a case of impersonation in an AIIMS entrance examination.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Shailender Malik sentenced Alok Kumar to three years in jail and slapped a fine of Rs.6,000 on him in a recent order, a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official said Wednesday.
The court was hearing the 11-year-old case of impersonation in entrance examination for Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Para Medical Courses, conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) June 27, 2001 at a city school.
“The counselling committee of AIIMS observed that one of the successful candidates, namely Rajiv Kumar did not actually appear in the written examination, but another person impersonating as Rajiv Kumar appeared in the exam,” said the complaint.
The CBI investigation of this instance established that one Rajiv Kumar from Bihar had applied for the said examination and entered into criminal conspiracy with Alok Kumar and another private person.
Alok Kumar appeared in the examination impersonating himself as Rajiv Kumar. The agency filed a chargesheet Jan 2, 2003 against both Rajiv and Alok under various offences, including cheating and forgery.
Later, accused Rajiv Kumar confessed before the counselling committee that he had not appeared in the examination. He also pleaded guilty before a trial court on Sep 9, 2010 and was sentenced to two months jail.
- Three held in Haryana for medical test fraud - Jun 30, 2012
- Kalmadi again approaches court to attend parliament - Jul 29, 2011
- Raja allowed to withdraw money from frozen account (Lead) - Jun 01, 2011
- Two accused sent to jail in medical admission racket - Jul 21, 2012
- 2G scam: Morani's bail plea dismissed (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Four held by CBI for medical admission fraud - Jul 20, 2012
- Court charges AIIMS officials with corruption - Aug 27, 2012
- Jailed Suresh Kalmadi to undergo brain scan - Jul 16, 2011
- Scam in Rajasthan pre-medical test for third time - Jul 26, 2011
- Court rebukes Kalmadi; Asks why he wants to attend parliament (Lead) - Jul 29, 2011
- 2G scam: Bail pleas of five corporate honchos rejected (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- AIIMS paper leak case: Another doctor arrested - Jul 17, 2012
- 2G scam: Morani's bail plea dismissed (Third Lead) - May 23, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani's bail plea dismissed (Second Lead) - May 23, 2011
- 2G scam: Morani's bail decision Monday (Lead) - May 21, 2011
Tags: aiims entrance, bachelor of science, bihar, cbi, central bureau of investigation, criminal conspiracy, delhi court, entrance examination, forgery, impersonation, india institute, magistrate, medical courses, medical science, old case, private person, rajiv kumar, rigorous imprisonment, rs 6, trial court