Man fired at after bid to snatch mother’s gold chainNovember 4th, 2011 - 12:23 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 3 (IANS) A 35-year-old man was fired at and injured by two motorbike-borne chain snatchers when he chased them after they attempted to snatch his mother’s gold chain in south Delhi Thursday, police said.
“The incident was reported around 11.30 a.m. in Kalkaji area when Rohit Wadhwa was helping his mother get an autorickshaw to visit a doctor,” said a police official.
“Two men on a bike came near to the victim’s mother, Darshna Wadhwa, and tried to snatch her gold chain and fled. Rohit tried to chase the assailants who opened fire at him. He was hit by a bullet in shoulder and taken to hospital,” said the official.
“A hunt is on to nab the culprits,” he added.
- Man pursuing chain-snatchers shot - Jun 12, 2011
- Municipal poll contestant shot in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 19, 2012
- Chain-snatchers fire at pursuing youth - Sep 02, 2011
- Two held for snatching cop's chain - Aug 29, 2011
- Man shot at for opposing girl's harassment - Dec 04, 2011
- Delhi's bike-borne chain snatchers - targeting the vulnerable - Mar 30, 2011
- Two injured as chain snatcher opens fire in Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
- Man resisting robbery bid shot - Jan 19, 2012
- Delhi brothers shot at by snatchers - Jun 18, 2012
- Chain snatcher shot dead in Noida, accomplice escapes - Jan 27, 2011
- Central Delhi robbers elude police - Dec 30, 2009
- Two men on bike snatch Rs.1.5 lakh - Jul 05, 2011
- Cop arrested for businessman's murder - Sep 25, 2011
- Delhi duo snatched chains on stolen bikes, nabbed - Feb 09, 2011
- Two women help arrest four criminals in Lucknow - Mar 01, 2012