Man fined for depriving wife of sexSeptember 7th, 2011 - 2:12 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 7 (IANS) A man has been ordered to pay his ex-wife thousands of pounds in damages for failing to have enough sex with her during their 21-years of marriage.
The 51-year-old has been fined 8,500 pounds under article 215 of France’s civil code, which states married couples must agree to a “shared communal life”, Daily Express reported.
The judge ruled that this law implies “sexual relations must form part of a marriage”.
The rare legal decision came after the wife filed for divorce two years ago, blaming the break-up on her ex’s lack of activity in the bedroom.
A judge had granted the divorce and ruled the husband, named only as Jean-Louis B, was solely responsible for the split. But his 47-year-old former wife then took him back to court demanding the cash in compensation for “lack of sex over 21 years of marriage”.
But a judge in the south of France’s highest court in Aix-en-Provence ruled: “A sexual relationship between husband and wife is the expression of affection they have for each other, and in this case it was absent. By getting married, couples agree to sharing their life and this clearly implies they will have sex with each other.”
- I Still Find Brad To Be Sexy And Great. Says Angelina Jolie - Nov 13, 2010
- Ronson marries girlfriend - Sep 05, 2011
- Elizabeth Hurley gets divorce from Arun Nayar - Jun 16, 2011
- Muslim man told his divorce joke to wife on Skype stands - Oct 30, 2010
- Gay marriage not a human right: European ruling - Mar 21, 2012
- Disabled Bengali woman's marriage to be annulled - Aug 17, 2012
- A judge couple gets divorced - Apr 02, 2012
- Changes in marriage law welcome, says women - Mar 25, 2012
- On the rise: Divorces under 25 - Dec 29, 2011
- Frequent sex 'protects' neurotic people's marital happiness - Dec 08, 2010
- Married couple's fidelity pact invalid - Mar 20, 2012
- 'Twilight' star Facinelli to get a divorce - Mar 14, 2012
- Judge Mr Justice Mostyn orders that husband is entitled to money from his ex-wife's lottery win - Oct 18, 2011
- Schwarzenegger's wife files for divorce - Jul 02, 2011
- Kelsey Grammer's ex-wife asks judge to put quickie divorce on hold - Jan 27, 2011
Tags: affection, aix en provence, article 215, communal life, couples, daily express, damages, divorce, expression, husband and wife, lack of sex, legal decision, marriage, provence, sex london, sexual relations, sexual relationship, south of france, wife thousands