Man electrocuted, residents block trafficJuly 5th, 2008 - 11:25 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 5 (IANS) A man was electrocuted Saturday here following which irate residents blocked the busy national highway for about four hours, an official said. City magistrate Umesh Mishra said a high-tension power line carrying 11,000 volts snapped from its tower Friday night.
On Saturday morning, Mahendra Singh, 35, came in contact with the wire while crossing the road. He sustained 95 percent burns.
The residents took him to a hospital from where he was taken to Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi. But Singh succumbed to his burn injuries on way to the hospital.
After his death, residents blocked traffic on GT road. They demanded compensation for Singh’s family.
The residents brought Singh’s body to the spot where the incident took place. They demanded the registration of a criminal case against the power corporation employees.
“The power corporation has processed a claim for the victim and in addition to this claim, the administration would also grant compensation,” Mishra said.
- Three children injured in Delhi house fire - Jan 07, 2012
- 2 dead, 10 injured due to electrocution in Rajasthan - Mar 19, 2012
- Eight women electrocuted in Haryana, four injured (Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 28, 2010
- Security guard electrocuted - Jun 24, 2011
- Eleven women electrocuted in Haryana's Mewat District - Aug 29, 2010
- 50 dead in China rains (Second Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Six electrocuted in Pakistan - Aug 21, 2010
- 14-hour power failure hit NCR towns - Jul 30, 2012
- Agra power utility employee killed - Dec 23, 2011
- Seven electrocuted to death in Jharkhand - Apr 13, 2012
- Rajasthan Police constable electrocuted - Aug 03, 2012
- Explosion in Israel embassy car, two hurt (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Three trucks catch fire, one dead - Feb 02, 2011
- 15 people dead in accident during pre-carnival celebrations in southern Brazil - Mar 01, 2011
- Pilgrim killed in Gurgaon - Jul 17, 2012